Friday, August 25, 2006

Lesson Learned


One day as I was waking back from class, a Moroccan woman caught up with me. We attempted to talk in Arabic/French and quickly ran out of vocabulary. To make conversation, I decided to tell her the ingredients of the Moroccan soup I had just learned in language class and have her help me with pronunciation.

Before I knew it, she had invited me over for soup! She asked repeatedly and informed me that our little family should arrive at 8:00 the next night. So off we went, armed with only a few weeks of language and our language books (which they found very amusing) and had a lovely night of soup and bread in her tiny house.

That same day, Gerald had been discussing how we didn't know how to cook couscous with a friend and got invited that night for couscous.

Lesson learned: Do not discuss food with Moroccans unless you have the evening free for a meal!

(To you observant ones - This picture is actually from the meal in the "Hospitality" post - but I had to put something here!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home