Cat Hater

Here is our resident cat hater who, as you can see, has changed his tune. Now our pshycotic kitty is much bigger, but I've always liked this picture of the exhausted professor trying hard to keep working, but just not quite making it.
This semester began several weeks ago for Gerald although he went to work many of the days during break to either finish up last semester or prepare for this.
Gerald has one repeat class, though with a new book; and two brand new classes. Not only is he teaching them for the first time, but one is on Moroccan accounting and the other is international accounting - so you can guess how much experience he's had with those in Topeka, KS! He has to do a lot of studying to keep ahead of the game and his students.
In spite of this, he was prepared for many of the surprises and unknowns this semester based on his experiences from last fall, and so has had a much smoother start this time around.
Gerald takes pictures of all his students and works hard at memorizing their names (not an easy thing to do here). I wish I could show you the pics, but he has promised his students he will not post or publish them. Moroccans are such beautiful people. He received great evaluations from last semester and often sees his former students around campus because it is a small university (1200).
The guy probably should be taking a nap again right now because he stayed up to watch the Super Bowl last night! He figured out a way to get the game with amazingly good reception on our computer and stayed up from 11:30-3:30 AM to watch the colts win (did I get that right?). This was after he had firmly decided he simply could not watch it right before a full week!

1 Comments:
Great Picture. I'm sure there are a lot of nights, Barb could take almost the same picture of me only I am on the couch. This teaching stuff is a lot of work. MUD
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home