Sunday, May 18, 2008

A Snuggly Day


"My favorite kind of weather is snowy, rainy or misty - because it's snuggly weather" Kendra told me yesterday. And she got her wish today, on her 5th birthday - a cold, misty, rainy day. I am positive I saw the treetops on the surrounding hills powdered with snow, but Gerald wasn't quite so sure, skeptic that he is. But it was cold enough for a fire, roasting marshmallows, watching Strawberry Shortcake, blowing up balloons (Kendra's future occupation), and of course - snuggling.
It was five years ago on the 17th that we were invited to three graduation or birthday parties. Although I was in pre-labor, I decided it would be more fun to eat cake than sit at home, so we went to two of the parties. By then end of the day, it was obvious Kendra was on her way and Katrina was my little labor coach, telling me how to breathe and pushing my head down when I sat up between contractions right before we went to the hospital! Only a few hours later (I'll skip the details), Kendra was born at 12:25 am, May 18. Gerald wanted her to be born on the 17th so that her birthday could be a prime number (05-17-03), but neither Kendra or I obliged. Only an accountant would think of such a thing! As it turned out, the 18th (her great-grandma's birthday) was the perfect time and the perfect day for our wonderful little Kendra Elise to make her appearance into the world!

2 Comments:

At 1:52 PM , Blogger MUD said...

And two little girls that make the world a better place now grace our earth. With two great parents, how can they be anything but what life is about? Kiss the girls for us. MUD ^ Bobwa.

 
At 4:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a snuggly day, Kendra. Can't wait to snuggle you guys in person!!!

Heidi

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home