End of year
Last Thursday was the end-of-year program for the French System. They put on quite the show after hours and hours of practice. We are forever thankful to the French system and its teachers for teaching our children to read, write and speak in French fluently. After a very hard start, it is rewarding to see this day! Their Arabic has improved greatly too and Katrina is able to read and write pages and pages in Arabic, though comprehension is still hard (that gives you an idea of how it is taught).
Now the school is switching back to the American system. We are happy about this because we did have issues with the French system (I won't go into the gory details). But we are concerned the girls will lose their French and are pushing for a strong French program next year. The Moroccan parents remain torn and upset about the decision and we do empathize with them. The French degree opens all doors to them in Morocco, whereas an American Diploma opens very few. Plus, the previous American system was very low on quality. But we hope and pray that the majority of our friends will stay in the school and give it a chance.
I have been told I will have a half-time place in the school but I don't yet know where. I sure hope I find out before the first day of classes! To give you an idea of the confusion about the school, I was asked for my resume 4 times and offered a job by five different people! But finally we have the new director and hopefully the confusion will come to an end!



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home