The Sheep Wedding
Saturday we were invited for the "Wedding of the Sheep" at a nearby village. Because Moroccan brides change their outfits several times over the course of a wedding, the time of year when the sheep "change their clothes" - or get sheared - is a sheep wedding! So here are the sheep, tackled and bound getting sheared...though they didn't appear to be quite as happy as a bride!As the men worked, they sang a special song just for that occasion. Later there was a big feast and celebration and even though we had to go somewhere, we were informed that we simply must sit down and have something to eat. And so we sat in a little home not unlike the place the sheep are kept, and had a delicious meal. They served us chicken too because they have been told Americans don't like sheep!


1 Comments:
Years ago, My uncle Hazen Lee had a first baseman's glove and because it had laid in the rear window of a car for four years while he was in the Navy, it was discolored and stiff. My dad, being the resourceful person he was, found a jar of Tallow to rub that glove with. It returned to a supple shape but smelled like an old wool sweater that was left out in the rain. In fact, the guys would not let me bring it in to the dug out. They made me leave it outside on the ground between innings. Much later on, on the USNS Geiger headed to Vietnam, they served Mutton for dinner. Never had the stuff so I tried it. The first bite I put in my mouth tasted like that 1st Baseman's glove smelled. I swear the more I chewed the bigger that piece of meat got. I had to spit it out in a napkin and pass on the rest of the meal. On the other hand, I have had lamb chops and think they are great. MUD
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home