Monday, April 26, 2010

Slight Misunderstanding

Last week I asked a storeowner if he had any music I could play at kid birthday-parties so that the Moroccan kids can sing along. I had happy Moroccan or French children's music in mind. The next time I went in, he excitedly showed me his find - a Nirvana CD with a picture of a baby swimming on the cover. I stifled a laugh, imagining playing the screaming heavy-metal band at a birthday party. Just because there's a baby on the cover doesn't mean it's appropriate for babies! I politely told him that wasn't quite what I was looking for, but he helpfully offered to play it just so I could be sure. Moments later, the music was blaring through the entire (three blocks) of the downtown. Shouting and laughing over the music, Karen 'thanked' me for treating a whole section of Ifrane to American heavy metal!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home