Monday, March 29, 2010

Pioneer Day

Kendra with her class's dream catchers
Katrina with her class totem pole

Talking with Kendra's class about what it was like to travel in a wagon for Americas Day. See Laura Ingalls sitting next to me?


Prairie girls and the wagon which couldn't possibly have taken us far!

It was Ron's idea to use tent poles for the covered part. I had fun creating this with the help of my sturdy pioneer man, a few benches, some carboard, and odds and ends. We decided the pioneers would have really apprecitated owning duct tape!


Last Friday was Americas Day and Katrina and Kendra's school. I got to set this wagon up, tell stories, do an art project, and even sqare dance (with the help of Kevin and Karen). It was such a fun day!

4 Comments:

At 2:35 PM , Blogger MUD said...

Two of the greatest inventions of all time - Aluminum Foil and Duct tape. If you throw in Bailing wire, you can have a trifecta. What a great wagon. I would have loved to be there and square dance. That's really the only dance I could because I'm so square. MUD

 
At 3:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That did look like Laura sitting next to you! It's great fun to teach one day a year, isn't it. I'm going to plant tomato seeds so hopefully I'll have seedlings to give to the kidlets who come to the Green Fair at the library later in April. Sent you a salad among other things. Hope it gets there.
Love, Auntie Barb

 
At 12:46 PM , Blogger Stan said...

How precious! I can almost hear the the Sons of the Pioneers singing 'Cool Water'... You guys are the best!

 
At 11:20 AM , Blogger Reimer Ramblings said...

No, YOU all are the best! I feel I can live without foil and bailing wire personally :) Would love to see MUD & Barb square dance some time! Thanks in advance for the package! Stan - thot of you when making this one small 'prop' and how many you've done!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home