"Jerry"
When Gerald went off to college, he shocked his mother by introducing himself as "Jerry" to everyone he met. Fascinated by this out-of-the-blue change, I have questioned Gerald about this decision, hoping for new & interesting deep pyschological insights into my husband. But he just shrugs his shoulders and says he really doesn't know why he did this. Sigh. Whatever the case, all Gerald's college buddies call him "Jerry." Since I met him right after college when everyone from years 0-18 were calling him "Gerald" and everyone from college was calling him "Jerry" I asked him what I should call him. "Whatever you want" was his unhelpful reply. So I settled on the name his parents gave him and that has been the right decision since he became Gerald again.
We got to stay with Derek, "Jerry's" roommate in college, and Robynn, Elizabeth & Olyvia. Their warm hospitality (actually, it was downright HOT in MI!), thick southern drawls, and years to catch up on made for a full weekend - and altered accents!
Needed to stay near water in such temps! Here are the John Brown boys - Rob (who joined us for the weekend and does not like pictures but had to deal with it anyway), Jerry, & Derek.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home