Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Breathe



2/21



Stepping out into the predawn morning for my walk, all I can do is gasp. The whole earth, it seems, is enveloped in snow mist.


I have marveled at it before in the distance. Shrouding the hills nearby, it settles in for hours and then lifts - leaving behind it a blanket of snow. But now I am actually in the clouds - surrounded by a surreal shade of blue, white and gray hovering over the ground. Homes and hills in the distance are lost in the silence.



I walk through the magic feeling as if I have drifted into another world. Snowflakes rest gently on me from out of nowhere.


God fills the whole world; even the air. Never does this become more tangible than when I walk in mist. For I feel His presence, His very breath, everywhere around me. When I breathe in, I breathe Him in. My soul feels clean and refreshed.


The song by Marie Barnett drifts in with the mist -

"This is the the air I breathe

This is the air I breathe

Your Holy Presence living in me -

This is my daily bread

This is my daily bread

Your very Word spoken to me -

And I'm desperate for You

And I'm lost without You

This is the air I breathe . . ."

5 Comments:

At 7:28 PM , Blogger MUD said...

Well Done. MUD

 
At 3:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried to send this yesterday, we'll try again today. Awesome pictures, awesome comments. Man was breathed into being by the very breath of God, the breath of life. Wish I were there. Jacquie

 
At 1:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The words to the song are wonderful. I, too, experience that sometimes. Is the song on a CD you took with you? I love reading your blog entries!

 
At 1:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I posted the previous comment at 8:14 central daylight time. Is it only 5 hours later in Morroco?

 
At 8:08 AM , Blogger Reimer Ramblings said...

Yes, we do have the song on 2 different CDs which you helped us pack! And yes, we are only 5 hours ahead of central US time since you have had your time change.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home