Sunday, July 15, 2007

Big Month

July is a big month for our family - with nine birthdays or anniversaries in just our immediate families. Today I'm featuring the three who have milestone birthdays this year . . .
Gerald's dad, George, who may or may not be trying to hide his age - will turn 75 very shortly! A great dad to Gerald and Troy, and a loving and accepting father-in-law, he is also the adored tickling grandpa of the girls. George has pure magic with little children and can win over the toughest of kids with his charm . . . and a high tolerance for endless peek-a-boo games!
Then there is my oldest brother, Stan, who turns 50 today. I have been in shock about this all year, but have finally come to accept the fact that my brothers are no longer in their 20s. As Mom says, "If my eldest is 50, that must mean I'm older than that!" Talented in graphic design, being a fantastic brother and a silly uncle, we wish him a happy day today. To celebrate, he and Diane are currently climbing the seven highest points in seven eastern states around NY where they live. "Bravo!" As we say here.
And at exactly half his age (in a few days), is his wonderful daughter, Heidi. Closer in age to me than my two oldest brothers, Heidi is like a sister to me. I think she was more mature than me at thirteen than I am now, but she puts up with me none-the-less, and we always a splendid time together. We will see where her theatre and nursing major leads her in life - how about Morocco?
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to all, and to all a good year.

1 Comments:

At 8:22 PM , Blogger MUD said...

Now I know who I want to be when I grow up - George
We met Stan and his family when they stopped through here to pick up the car. I totally agree that they are a great family and Heidi does remind me a lot of you. I don't think you will find Barb on any of the highest points in any state including Kansas.
MUD

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home