She's 4!


Our precious little Kendra turned 4 years old yesterday. Since we had already had a big combined party for both girls earlier, we just had a few friends over for an informal play time. We enjoyed the summer-like weather with a little swimming pool out on the lawn and I even bought 2/3 of the ice cream supply in all of Ifrane for the occasion (2 cartons). In the first picture she is holding a pillow made for her from Fatima Ezzahara. The second picture is a classic end-of-the-big-day picture of Kendra sitting in her birthday chair exhausted from all the fun and from repeatedly falling on the road and scraping up her knees! We think her sandals are too big!
Kendra is still my little cuddler, routinely nuzzling into my neck, pressing against my cheek and always ready for a hug. She remains an adoring fan of her big sister, asking for her first thing every morning. Katrina carries her out of the room to me and so the day begins. Kendra takes life at a slower pace than her big sister (most people in the world do), and she tends to notice little things and likes to go off and sit by herself and just be quiet sometimes. She is very happy here after a bit of a rough start, and we love seeing her little personality blossom like the flowers she loves to bring me.
This morning she was singing the "Hayeyouyah" chorus complete with "Yord of Yords." Recently after watching the move "Madagascar," she walked around the house saying, "I yike to move it, move it...." And the other day, she was singing, "I am H-I-P-P-Y, I am H-I-P-P-Y, I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm H-I-P-P-Y...BIBLE!!!" I think she's a little confused about her Sunday school songs, but that's life from a little person's perspective!
Four years ago, my math-minded husband was hoping Kendra would be born on an all prime-number day (5-17-03), but I guess I just didn't work fast enough, and the 18th it is! And we are so thankful for our little girl!

2 Comments:
Read the adventures of falling down MUD on my blog. I too scraped my knee and injured my pride. MUD
Congratulations! Happy Birthday to the wonderful girls! Sadie says HI!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home