It was Inevitable

This, my friends, is what happens when you leave a three-year-old in a room alone with a pair of scissors and who-knows-what.
I knew it would happen someday. It was with a sinking feeling that I found a little pair of scissors and quite a bit of hair under the desk in the office one day. I ran out to first examine the little girl we take care of. She still looked fine.
Then I turned to Kendra. Her bangs were zig-zagged and large chunks of hair were missing near her ears. In order to straighten out the mess, I had to chop her bangs ridiculously short and even cut the sides which once were almost down to her shoulders. It was a particularly sad day because it has taken soooo long for Kendra to actually have hair.
Later when I asked her why she did it, she said, "You told me that if I cut my hair, it will grow even longer . . ." Sigh.
And the mark on her face which she got a few days later? We have no idea and neither does she. Thankfully that problem washed right off!

1 Comments:
I think that happend to every child at least once. With me, I had a little brother that let me cut his hair.Boy did he look silly. Hope you all get a package from the US one of these days. Just this week I finally got a notice that Morocco said the pachage had been delivered for the "lost" Hallowen package.
I hope the Christmas season there is not quite as hectic as it s here. The kids in the schools are in a crazy state and all the teachers are trying to do too much. Haven't picked a present for Barb yet. Oh well, I don't know why I would want to start early, I never have. Dennis
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home