The Jumping Bread Guy
I'll do one without a picture today...
A while ago I needed some bread and was trying out all the little stores in Ifrane to see which was the best. I saw a stack of khobs (Moroccan bread) outside of a tiny little place quite like a temporary stand you might see at a fair (though it is permanent), and went up to buy some. When the teenage store keeper saw me coming, he hopped inside his little store over a 4-foot counter so that he could be in his proper spot. I told him I wanted some bread, so he hopped back over the counter to help me select the best ones. Then he hopped back into the store to get me a plastic bag. Then he jumped out of the store to give the bag to me. I thanked him and gave him my money. He hopped back into the store to get the change, and - you guessed it - flew back out to give me the change and say goodbye. All the while he seemed quite happy with his situation and had a big smile on his face in spite of his rather inconvenient set-up.
As I turned to go and chuckle at this energetic jumping bread guy, I thought that surely there must be an easier way to do his job. But then again, he'll never have to join a gym - he gets enough exercise at work!

2 Comments:
Hey there Sis-
We probably won't be as good as you are at keeping things up to date, but we're going to give this blog thing a shot as well. Loves you guys muchly! http://sdfrozen.blogspot.com/
I think there are a couple of things you will find interesting on my blog. You guys are the subject of one and Jessica Mainz is the other one. You can skip past the nonsense about my License arriving and get to the real stuff. MUD
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home