Thursday, April 05, 2007

Cousin Time


My sister-in-law Laurie's mother passed away last week. Thankfully Laurie was able to be with her mother in France the last two days of her life. I never knew Monique, but having raised a wonderful person like Laurie, she must have been lovely.
For the funeral, Ron took two of the girls up to France. Two others stayed in Meknes with friends, and the little ones came here for 4 days.
So we had a 3,4,5 & 6 year old in the house. The oldest, Abir (6) (Ron & Laurie's foster daughter) weighs less than any of the other three. What she does not have in pounds, she has in spunk and pure delight in life. And Melody (4) joined right in on K2's endless pretend games. They did so well together that I hardly noticed we had doubled the amount of children in our home until they all had to go somewhere, get ready for bed, or go to the bathroom! They dressed up so much I often wondered why I even bothered to dress them at all in the mornings!
Here they are in a hug right before we took Abir & Melody back to Meknes.

1 Comments:

At 8:24 PM , Blogger MUD said...

I'll bet life there was one big giggle. I would have been in hog heaven with that group. We are still looking at all the finances and haven't made plans for the year yet.I would love to come there and see everyone. Kiss the girls for us. MUD & Bobwa

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home