Dedicated to . . .

I know it's a bit late for a dedication. I'm also pretty sure it's kind of silly to dedicate a blog. But I'm doing it anyway.
Anyone who knows me figures out pretty quickly that my brothers have been my heroes since I was little. Crazy, adventurous, smart, godly, athletic, funny and talented are just a few words that come to mind when thinking of these four guys . . . oh, and did I mention abilities like burping the alphabet? At our wedding, they did a rendition of "The Sound of Music/Mucus" much to the delight of the guests. As a matter of fact, not many people remember our wedding, but they do remember the reception!
Anyway, it is because of them that I was prepped for doing this blog. Stan & Brad left home when I was only four. Daniel left for college when I was eight, and Ron left five years after that. The way I remember coping with missing them so terribly was to "write" a constant account of my life in my head. I always pretended they could read what I "wrote" and in so doing keep up with my life. I constantly imagined them watching me going through the events in my life as if they were right there.
I guess that's why when I heard about blogging, it seemed so completely obvious that I should do it. I had written in my head for so many years, so why not start actually making it tangible?
And so that is why, at this late date I dedicate these ramblings to my four big brothers!

4 Comments:
Splendid idea. I second all your brother-admirations in the form of uncle-admirations...and I thank you for marrying another one into the family. :) - Heidi
And how do I respond to so kind a dedication? What a privilege it has been to have a sister like you - either the princess or the goat, depending on what we needed you to be! Thanks for humoring us with amazing faces when you tasted pickle juice or mustard for the first time. From the kitchen we would hear Mom's voice, "Boys?!" which was kinda funny, since Dad was in the dining room with us - laughing hysterically... and on and on. Neat to see/hear/read of your exploits in NW Africa - we love you, sis!
Ditto's from MUD
Ahh yes - the truth comes out - poor, little Julie being picked on by her big brothers (moment of silence, please). eeeeeek!
j
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home